Friday, May 7, 2010

Collaborative Writing Review

The collaborative wring project was a great idea for this class. Using technology to communicate and edit pieces is an affective way to create outstanding writing. I liked the fact there is online word processers that allow other users to edit each others' writing - this makes for an opportunity to make compostitions the best they can possibly be. Overall, the project in and of itself was a great way to learn how to use technology to collaborate and communicate with the people in the writing group.


Along the way, we read each others' compositions and were able to edit them accordingly - this was made easy through Google Docs and, in my opinion, is the greatest feature of the site. It was interesting to see how easy it was to use.


Another aspect of this project that I liked was the opportunity to read other peoples' writing - it opened my eyes to a variety of different writing styles that I strive to acquire and utilize to adapt to my writing.


I've always believed that the best writers are the best thinkers - people that have interesting things to say, think abstractly, and are able to use eloquence to voice their ideas, are the most talented writers. By writing more and more everyday, it makes those who are eloquent even better writers; it's just like any sport - one needs to practice to gain skill. Of course, there is some natural talent involved but, it is developed over time with consistent practice.


Lastly, I enjoyed getting to know the people in my group - this was made possible by group meetings and collaboration online (Google Docs). Overall, I found that the comments they shared on each others' documents revealed who they were as people, and to understand their thought process as well as their opinions.


Overall, ths project was an outstanding idea. I really like writing, and people have always comlimented me on my writing skill, although, I'm no Hemingway or David Sedaris. I'm working on becoming a better writer by persisting in my quest to become better by consistently writing, and this project was an opportunity to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment